logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 26 18:04:31 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

sorry, meant r4718 instead of 4717 before.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. November 2021 18:06
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

Hi Ticker,

I tried this: use your command to build a gmapi and gmapsupp, but replace r4810 by a binary compiled from mkgmap r4717 + mdrUnicode_v9b.patch
(I still see no difference in the output compared to unpatched r4717)

I then use MapSource to create another gmapsupp.
I run MdrDisplay and MdrCheck on both gmapsupp.img and see different repeat flags.
MdrCheck + my patch display-no-secondary.patch complains a lot about the gmapsupp with your patch but reports only 1 problem about a city without name.
When I try this with the unpatched display tool it complains a lot about the gmapsupp from MapSource but not about the one from mkgmap. I think that shows that unpatched MdrCheck is wrong.

I tried this also with a binary from r4817 with attached mkgmap-no-secondary-v2.patch with your command.
The two outputs from MdrCheck are identical, and I think the outputs for MdrDisplay differ only in offsets. I consider this very good.
In MapSource the search for "Baybride Lane" and "Alma Lane" both return wherWell, so that's also good.

I prefer a patch that changes mkgmap to produce the same index as MapSource.

I hope I've done nothing wrong during testing. Do you get other results?