logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 25 09:43:47 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

yes, sorry, I probably wasn't fully awake this morning and forgot what the problem is :(

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. November 2021 10:41
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

Hi Gerd

Sorry about the confusion with Upton/Upham.

Baybridge Lane has a section in Upham and there is nothing of this name
in Wherwell so it is clear it should be found as a street in Upham
(wherWell with the rename).

I'm not saying there is a problem with the global index, except that
when using --lower-case and there are case-variations in city names, it
might be necessary for the user to guess which variation to use to find
a street and, worse, some streets in the same city might require the
choice of the other variant.

Ticker