logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 24 14:57:44 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

I (my tools) don't know how to use default.diff. Please can you either create a normal svn diff  or zip the complete style?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. November 2021 14:37
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

Hi Gerd

Here are the bits I used to investigate case strangeness

The 2 tiles can be extracted from Hampshire, England, Great-Britain
etc with the attached split-list. I can upload them if you want

The style is "default" with additions at end of points & lines to
rename "Upton" to "wherWell" and a slight mod to inc/address
 - diff attached.

Command is:
$ java -ea -jar ../mkgmap-r4810/mkgmap.jar --add-pois-to-areas \
  --bounds=../bounds.zip --code-page=1252 --gmapi --gmapsupp --index \
  --location-autofill=is_in,nearest --lower-case \
  --preserve-element-order --route --style-file=tstStyle
  -c template.args

--route was needed for Find > Address to show in MapSource and to work
in BaseCamp.

Resultant behaviour from Find > Address:

BaseCamp 4.7.4.
City field allows "Wherwell" or "wherwell" (NB not "wherWell"), Streets
in either city can be found regardless of which version is entered, but
if the street is in the top tile the city is shown as "Wherwell" (even
if in "wherwell"=="Upton"). City for Streets in the lower tile show as
"wherwell".

MapSource 6.16.3
The Street must be chosen first. Only "wherwell" is accepted in the
City field. The results show "Wherwell"/"wherwell" according to the
tile, as above.

eTrex HCx
The City field can be set to "Wherwell" or "wherWell". If "Wherwell"
then can find streets in the top tile, if "wherWell" then the bottom
tile.

Sample Streets:
Name            In              HCx find>city necessary
Alma Lane       Upton           wherWell
Baybridge Lane  Upton           Wherwell
Beech Grove     Wherwell        Wherwell
Belmore         Upton           Wherwell
Chant Close     Wherwell        Wherwell
Bigpath Lane    Upton           Either as crosses tile
Church Street   Both            Either, finds expected one

Ticker