logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Nov 22 10:43:01 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd

The first stages of investigation should avoid other complexities that
might be introduced by --lower-case (and --unicode). In this
environment there should be no difference between SECONDARY and
TERTIARY so the question is reduced to .equals() vs .compare() and
other flag settings / Mdr sections.

Your tests seem be examining the behaviour of "Find" > "POI" limited by
region. My devices don't seem to have the ability do this and I don't
see it in BaseCamp / MapSource either. "Find" > "Address" /
"Intersection" are the only places where I can limit by Country and
City.

Your workflow makes sense when all upper case, but might not lead us to
the best solution for mixed case.

Ticker