logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small problem with global index

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Sat Nov 20 17:27:36 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd

I can't look at this in detail at the moment but:

Lower case and indexing behaviour is affected by the tile processing
stages deduping using upper case on country/region/city when loading
MDR data (mainly from mkgmap:country/region/city). I seem to remember
that explicit city POI behave differently and might be combined into
the country/region/city/data. Some of these get an index which confuses
matters more. Also isIn processing can introduce names forced to upper-
case.

I came to the conclusion that indexing would have to be done ignoring
case, but my simple attempts to do this failed. Before trying again, we
need to work on EQUAL/collator.compare in various places without the
complications of --lower-case and --unicode

Then make sure --unicode indexing works. Some Mdr sections are
suppressed when Unicode.

Only then tackle --lower-case and strange find behaviour.

Ticker