logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with global index POI search

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 13 10:16:47 GMT 2021

Hi,

this problem is possibly related to --lower-case.
Both attached mini-patches seem to fix the problem (but may introduce others).
No idea yet if this is the right way to tackle this problem.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. November 2021 09:49
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Problem with global index POI search

Hi devs,

Enrico has contacted me in a PM about a rendering problem with his maps and while analysing that I found an obvious bug searching for e.g.
"Scuola Dell Infanzia Fondazione Pietro Caprettini" as name of the POI without filling any further fiels in MapSource.
When I start to type that name MapSource updates the list of candidates.
For scuo it shows the full name "Scuola Dell Infanzia Fondazione Pietro Caprettini" but when I select that entry with the mouse the search returns "no items found"
When I type scuol the name "Scuola Dell Infanzia Fondazione Pietro Caprettini" disappears from the candidates list as well as all other names starting with "Scuola dell".
My understanding is that we probably create wrong Mdr11 entries, but MdrCheck doesn't complain.

The tiles are at https://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/536
The command to reproduce the problem:
java -jar mkgmap.jar --code-page=1252 --index --gmapi  66923003.img  66923005.img 66923006.img

The tiles were created with the --lower-case option and a rather special style which sometimes adds leading / trailing blanks to names. It also produces lots of equally named POI.