logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] index option

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 11 18:43:47 GMT 2021

Hi Karl,

I've seen this problem on my Oregon when another map was installed (but not activated).
The map was  the Bicycling-Layer for Europe from http://osm.thkukuk.de/
I did not find out why it caused problems, but after renaming the corresponding *.img file the search was fast again.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von 7770 <7770 at foskan.eu>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. November 2021 19:22
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] index option

Hi.

I generate maps using the following options (among others)
--net --route --index --split-name-index

When loading the ready img file to a GPSMAP 66st it is very slow in searching
for cities (FIND -> Cities). Searching for some location can take many minutes
or even lock the unit in rare cases.
The problem is present even if a specific map is selected and search is only
conducted within that map.

search.

Does anyone know if the options given to mkgmap can impact negatively in this
particular scenaio or if there can be some other option added to make city
search faster?

Side note: street name search is fast, but searching among All POIs is also
slow.

Regards
Karl