logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4811: fix java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Nov 7 09:16:47 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

>  there is no logical change in behaviour to Mdr5 with this patch.
yes, I already wrote it's only refactoring.
I still try to find some "real OSM" input where the changes to the other files show any difference in the mdr file.

I found this very old svn log entry by Steve: https://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=3093
which says that "All cases where sorted names are compared with equals() need to be changed to use Collator.compare() with the SrtCollator from Sort."

So, I really wonder why he didn't change all  sources accordingly. Maybe it was only about cities, maybe not.
I see only one way to find out: Have an input that has shows differences in the index and find out which version gives better results in the search in MapSource or - if testing is possible - on a device.