logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4811: fix java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 5 11:00:32 GMT 2021

Hi Ticker,

sorry for my reluctance. I simply have no test case that shows an error (search for xyz not working). If you have one please share it so that I can understand the importance of the patch.

I would also be happy if you could create a new branch to test further changes reg. --lower-case.
According to MdrCheck we also produce wrong data for mdr 27 (cities are not de-duped).
Found this also with Arndts *.img data but did not yet try to find out if MdrCheck is right.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. November 2021 11:34
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk; mkgmap-svn at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4811: fix java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

Hi Gerd

I really don't like the idea of the consistent dedup part of this patch
not being applied (Mdr5 & Mdr25).
The Mdr7 changes are a slight refactor and a useful comment, but has no
logical effect.
The Mdr29 changes are an assert to detect inconsistency in Mdr5/25
index pointer lengths before these could cause a crash +
.equal()/collator.compare() change that could be removed

Ticker