logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4810: revert changes from r4809 for now, they caused more trouble

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Nov 2 10:17:10 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd

I agree, sort of. Use of some unicode chars exposed a problem of
inconsistent sizes of mdr5/25 due to collator vs compare. Making these
consistent exposed another problem with case-differences.

My attempt at grouping case-variants of the same name and, if in same
region/country, considering them the same and aggregating all the
streets is not working consistently across different Garmin software.
This was basically mdrUnicode_v5.patch. The MDR structural changes
seemed justified but it makes MdrCheck report a lot of errors (it does
exact name matching), works well on eTrex HCx, but behaves differently
on and between BaseCamp and MapSource which appear to filter the index
results with exact name matching via the LBL names (or maybe they don't
use this part of the index.)

So I'm removing all excess changes and just fix the unicode sort for
unknown and make the name testing consistent but case sensitive where
relevant.

Ticker