logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4810: revert changes from r4809 for now, they caused more trouble

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Oct 29 12:30:10 BST 2021

Hi Gerd

The behaviour for identically named but different cities shouldn't have
changed - the main mdr structures deduped them based on name, region &
country.

I have changed the behaviour around what 'identically named' means -
country and region logic had a mix of case-sensitivity and I've made
them consistently insensitive. Cities were generally case-sensitive
(I'd have to check carefully if this was totally consistent) and are
now consistently insensitive.

In your test you don't specify bounds, so region may not set.

It is possible that, where there were distinct identical cities,
streets in all but one were not findable and no one noticed.
I need to study more of the mdr logic around how streets are tied to
cities to understand this. Any solution is complicated because the same
city could be split across tiles so the cityIndex is not adequate.

I could just restore case-sensitivity to cities to give the old
behaviour, but this may be avoiding the real issue. It seems wrong that
device/basecamp/mapsource should present multiple "identical" cities
and the correct one needs to be selected to find its streets.

Ticker