logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4810: revert changes from r4809 for now, they caused more trouble

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Oct 27 13:40:08 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

in what situation do we still need the comparison with TERTIARY strength?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021 14:35
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r4810: revert changes from r4809 for now, they caused more trouble

Hi Gerd

Yes, you're right.

Two solutions:

Because there is no intermingling in the use of the Sort object in the
steps of getting it, generating the keys and doing the sort, each use
that is going to use createSortKey must set the keyStrength beforehand.
There are, I think, 6 other places where this should be done - and they
probably will all use SECONDARY.

Remove this usage and change Mdr5 to be more convention and use
lastCity/collator.compare(city.xxx(), lastCity.xxx()). I had originally
changed it to be like this, but it adds extra cost, whereas changing
the key reduces cost.

Ticker