logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4809: fix java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Oct 27 11:07:58 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

I can't say much about the code but I wonder why you talk about cp836 while Carlos reported to use --code-page=936.

Probably just a typo in your posts?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2021 11:11
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4809: fix java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

Hi

There are a lot of problems relating to --index with all multi-byte
character sets except Unicode

1/ Unicode sets misc flags here and there in the MDR logic. It is
unclear if these are relating to fixed >1 byte, variable length, or
unicode explicitly.

2/ There is some logic that works out various positions of name
components in the final output encoding and this only handles single-
byte or unicode.

3/ The sort/collation tables are set for cp1252, so all but western-
european characters will be ignored, resulting in what should be
different names existing only once in the indexing structures.

The fix I'm working on for "r4809 crashes by buildung mdr" will stop
this crash, but won't change any of the above.

I don't know if there has ever been an attempt to make mkgmap indexing
work for character sets like cp836.

Ticker