logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r4809 crashes by buildung mdr

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Oct 26 10:21:13 BST 2021

Hi Ticker & Arndt,

Arndt posted a link to his scripts, see https://speichenkarte.de/Steuerdateien/SpeicheFabrik_Steuerdateien211017.zip
See BAUENbat and the various mkgmap_options*.args file. I think the script concatenates OSM data with srtm data before splitting so you really need eiher the areas.list or the splitter.kml file from Arndt to be able to reproduce. The content of the bounds file might as well be important.

I think it's nearly impossible to reproduce the problem with the scripts. Best would be if Arndt could post a link to the zipped *.img files.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2021 11:07
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] r4809 crashes by buildung mdr

Hi Gerd & Arndt

I've also failed to reproduce this.

I suspect the problem is relating to some slivers of regions/countries
around the main map area containing maybe 0/1 city and so it could be
very sensitive to the exact contents of the map.

I used the splitter on europe-latest.osm.pbf with
  --polygon-file=Speiche_NRWplus.poly to generate the tiles but this
will have a slightly different content to cutting with a different tool
(osmosis) @Arndt - how do you do this? and also the areas.list

It also might be sensitive to options like housenumbers, sea
generation, bounds, location-autofill, name-tag-list, add-pois-to-area,
etc. @Arndt - can I have you option list.

@Gerd - Now I have a set of .img files and the MDR, I'll try as you
suggest and see what is the structures are around these indices.

Ticker