logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Oct 21 14:48:31 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

I agree that the original code isn't clear, what I don't understand is this: Do we need the changes reg. the collator to fix the problem regarding unicode or are these two separate problems? The changes in Sort seem to be needed (and I have no clue if your approach is good or not), the others seem to be OK, but not needed to avoid the crash.

I don't mind to commit the change to class Sort soon  as long as only unicode maps are affected. For all other changes I'd prefer to have a new branch and maybe find a way to verify if they are improvements or not.

Von: Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2021 11:21
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: AW: [mkgmap-dev] java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

Hi Ticker,

so far I don't understand most of the changes in mdrUnicode_v2.patch

Setting strength to SECONDARY (instead of the default TERTIARY) means that e.g. a and ä (German umlaut) are treated the same, right? Why do you describe it "generally case-insensitive"?

This doesn't seem to be related to unicode maps only, so I wonder what side effects this has.