logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] java.lang.AssertionError while building index from unicode tiles

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Oct 21 12:14:38 BST 2021

Hi Gerd

In the existing code, Mdr20, Mdr2x, and Mdr7 set the strength to
SECONDARY, PrefixIndex set it to PRIMARY and Mdr5 didn't set it.

The Java manual doesn't say what the default strength is for a new
Collator:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.base/java/text/Collator.html

but I've seen reference to Collator.getInstance() being locale
dependant and/or TERTIARY. Generally, SECONDARY distinguishes between
accents and TERTIARY between case.

Case-insensitive seems to be the correct option mkgmap / map indexing.

Ticker