logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Contributing to mkgmap

From Nop nop at wanderreitkarte.de on Sat Oct 9 19:19:48 BST 2021

Hi Peter,

I know the phenomenon from other applications.
Main.class.getResourceAsStream("/help/en/options") works via the
classloader. If running from a .jar, the resources have been packaged
with the classes during build.

But when launching from the IDE, the classes are located in ./classes
while the resource file is still in a different path ./resources/help.

Manually copying the resource files into classes/ allowed mkgmap to run,
but as mkgmap includes an IntelliJ Run/Debug configuration I was amazed
that it did not work.

Well, let's concentrate on the feature.

bye,
          Nop