logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Hardcoded naming scheme for DEM tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 9 09:39:45 BST 2021

Hi Nop,

I suggest a new option like --dem-file-pattern or something similar.
Or maybe simply add the hardcoded prefix to the code which tries to find the file for the given lat/lon pair in HgtReader, we already have a few different versions reg. zipped files.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Nop <nop at wanderreitkarte.de>
Gesendet: Samstag, 9. Oktober 2021 09:36
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Hardcoded naming scheme for DEM tiles

Hi,

I am trying to use the DEM/hillshading option. You can specify a path to
the DEM tiles, but it seems that there is a hardcoded assumption about
the naming format of the .hgt files.

I want to use an existing set of .hgt files used by another application
which has a slightly different naming convention - in this case just a
prefix. Of course it would be possible to copy all files to a new name,
but it seems rather wasteful to copy such a large amount of data just
because of naming issues.

So it would be very helpful to be able to not only specify a path but
also a naming pattern to use, e.g. something like

--dem=p:/dem/prefix_N{$lat.2}E{$lon.3}.hgt

I would be willing to contribute the feature myself, but I am
encountering difficulties - see separate mail.

bye,

         Nop