logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Contributing to mkgmap

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 9 09:32:55 BST 2021

Hi Nop,

the easiest way to contribute is to attach a patch to your post.

I don't know about IntelliJ, I can only help with Eclipse, but the resource /help/en/options just tells mkgmap which options are documented. If you experiment with a new option you can use the prefix "x-". So, if you want to use a new option --my-opt before documenting it you use --x-my-opt.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Nop <nop at wanderreitkarte.de>
Gesendet: Samstag, 9. Oktober 2021 09:44
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Contributing to mkgmap

Hello,

I am looking to contribute a feature to mkgamp - see other post on DEM
tile naming - but I have a few questions.

First of all I didn't really find a description on how to contribute
properly - provided I manage to get it implemented. :-) What did I miss
there?

Second, I am at a stage where I managed to sucessfully build mkgmap
locally and I would like to start it in IntelliJ a debugging session,
using the included IntelliJ configuration.
This fails. mkgmap does not recognize any command line options as they
are loaded from a resource file with
Main.class.getResourceAsStream("/help/en/options")).

Naturally this fails when running it in the IDE as the function wants to
load from a .jar file.

How do you start a debug session in the IDE properly?

bye,
        Nop