logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap doing excessive writing and converting to disk if used with --gmapi option

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Sep 12 18:10:39 BST 2021

And well - it is burning SSD for the contourlines currently even if not
calling multiple times. 130GB minimum per worldwide map update for all
geofabrik extracts at 20m equidistance. 260GB at 10m. With calling multiple
times and 10m and 20m I had about 2TB of useless writes per weekly map
update. I've got rid of all of them with my uncommenting the line, plus
saved about 500GB of writes by now doing all the gmapsupp.img and gmap
stuff in Ramdisk So now instead of 4TB of disk writes per map update I'm
down to 1TB.. (and yeah the resplitting of tiles added another 5TB of
writes - but that could have been fixed easily by changing order of
commands too).