logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error when running splitter with several input files, could there be keep-complete=single mode?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Aug 30 11:38:19 BST 2021

okay - well the only working solution to this problem is to use o5m output
format with mkgmap, and then use osmconvert to join the files before
splitting them again.
Would it be possible for mkgmap to have a mode to split the files one by
one without the detour via osmconvert?

o5m uses a lot more hdd space, and mkgmap.jar is only marginally faster
with 05m input vs osm.pbf (splitter works quite a lot faster on big o5m
files vs osm.pbf - but small input files make not much time difference)...