logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] emergency_access_point

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Sun Aug 1 11:35:04 BST 2021

Hi all,

"highway=emergency_access_point" (see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Demergency_access_point
) seems not to be included in our style: only in case of a line (instead
of a point), there's an instruction: delete the highway tag.

But it is a useful feature. In case of an emergency, you'll be asked:
"where are you?" and then ... describing the place to the emergency
service can be complicated: "on a cycle way next to the Rhine river a
couple of kilometers south of the town of ..." is not exact enough.
Unfortunatly, no emergency access point sign was directly at that place.
Finding the name of a road leading to the place helped.

So I think it could be helpful to know the reference number of emergency
access points nearby.
What could be a good Garmin id, so that it is searchable?

Regards,
Bernhard