logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Echange .typ-file in gmapsupp.img on Mac OS x 11 or newer?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jul 23 14:08:56 BST 2021

Hi - is there any tool available to change the .typ-file in a gmapsupp.img
on the Mac OS X Big Sur or newer?

As gmt_osx is not gonna be updated to x64 - I wonder if there is an
alternative.
Or maybe could this function be added to mkgmap?

I would imagine a call java mkgmap.jar --change-typ gmapsupp.img newtyp.typ
(so remove all existing .typfiles in the gmapsupp.img and replace them with
newtyp.typ - for gmapsupp.img consisting of several maps this would be more
complicated - I do not feel that is needed).

Plus maybe the option to join several gmapsupp.img files into a new bigger
one (only important for very old devices).