logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Misplaced boundary POI

From dfjkman at gmail.com dfjkman at gmail.com on Thu Jul 8 07:36:34 BST 2021

Hi Gerd,

Perhaps option 2 may be the best solution. There are POIs for incomplete
provincial boundaries from neighbouring countries that also appear over the
border.

reg. "The POI to the east would appear to have both Zambia and Zimbabwe
assigned to it":
I think 2 POIs have been created, 1 for each Zambia and Zimbabwe and they
lie either on top of or very close to each other, see the attached image, I
have created a map without boundaries so there can be no confusion.

Regards,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> On Behalf Of Gerd
Petermann
Sent: 08 July 2021 07:04
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Misplaced boundary POI

Hi Dave,

not sure what to do with this.
1) The points which are generated for areas are not guaranteed to be inside
the area
2) We can decide to generate NO point for an incomplete or otherwise invalid
type=[multipolygon|boundary] relation

reg. "The POI to the east would appear to have both Zambia and Zimbabwe
assigned to it":
That's not possible.  I assume you see the popup for the boundary line.
Used echotags to check this:
boundary = administrative & mkgmap:area2poi = true & admin_level = 2
{echotags ""}[0x1400 resolution 16-20]