logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r609 released

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 25 14:51:53 BST 2021

Hi all,

I think with r609 there should be no need to use a polygon file. See
https://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=splitter&rev=609

Please let me know when this version produces much worse results compared to older releases (using the same options and input) and provide the files densities-out.txt and the log.

If you are interested in good splits you should check the splitter log for
"Solution is not nice. Can't find a better solution"

When this is printed splitter did not find a good split. Expect almost empty tiles in this case.
It is likely that this happens when rather small files are split with a polygon and the default resolution. Normal users don't do this, but some map providers try to use the same options for very different downloads ...