logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap splitter - Liechtenstein - horrible split if --polygon-file option used.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 23 15:26:53 BST 2021

Hi Felix,
splitter reports when it's not happy with the split result. Sometimes it gives hints how to improve it.

If you find "Solution is not nice. " in the log you should try to find different options.
Sometimes it helps to increase or decrease --max-nodes a little bit, sometimes it helps to use a polygon, sometimes it helps to use a large search-limit value = 10000000

In case of Brazil the higher search-limit helps. The effect of the polygon-file is that some nodes in the OSM file are ignored because they are outside of the polygon.
So, just an edge case and the reported numbers are a bit misleading, as splitter really "solves" a split with fewer nodes.
Will try to improve that...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2021 15:38
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] mkgmap splitter - Liechtenstein - horrible split if --polygon-file option used.

sorry - I thought after your previous reply that this behaviour is to be expected - but as the differences are so big I wanted to post it here so others are warned. I did not log those other files anywhere and usually use >NUL 2>NUL because I want to keep the terminal clean - if splitter crashes on a split there are usually 0byte files produced - so I just check from them. Same for mkgmap. All those error messages I only look at if there is actually something broken. Else they are simply too much when compiling 180 extracts in 4 versions every week.