logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] low-res-opt branch ready to merge?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 21 13:56:37 BST 2021

Hi Felix,

I like --simplify-lines / --simplify-polygons.
What to do with the existing --reduce-... options? My plan is to introduce the new options and deprecate the old ones next year.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 21. Juni 2021 10:29
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] low-res-opt branch ready to merge?

if using reduce - then better call it --reduce-point-density-line and --reduce-point-density-polygon. Otherwise its a bit confusing. Or easiest - just call it --simplify-lines and --simplify-polygons (its not correcting an error, but just optimizing OSM data in my eyes. and how its achieved, dp-filter, whatever is not so relevant in the option name).
I do not know of any errors  good if it will be merged.