logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] low-res-opt branch ready to merge?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 21 09:20:24 BST 2021

Hi all,

I made no more progress to find a solution to detect parallel lines in the overview map. Too many special cases and almost no improvement with the simple cases.
So, I think this should no longer block the merge to trunk.

Mike suggested not to add new options --simplify-filter-line-errors / --simplify-filter-polygon-errors but instead enhance the syntax for the existing options --reduce-point-density and --reduce-point-density-polygon. I am open to that. What's better?

Are there any other known problems with the branch? Any good ideas to improve something?