logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Use mkgmap to change .typ file in gmapsupp.img

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jun 10 11:43:01 BST 2021

As mkgmap should have all the code needed for that - could there be a new
function of mkgmap to exchange / write .typfile to an gmapsupp.img?

Why?
Well gmaptool is not running under newer OSx versions anymore (because it
is 32 bit only, not 64 bit version existing) - and I do not know any other
tool to do this. Alternatively - anyone knows another tool for this?

Intended usage:

mgkmap.jar --gmapsupp --family-id=XXXX --product-id=1 gmapsupp.img 123.typ

I actually never tried if this is possible - but I assume not. (changing
FID/PID is optional - I would not need it but maybe for consistency allow
it too).