logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] low-res-opt branch: error message from ShapeSplitter for self-intersecting multipolygon

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 7 10:24:57 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

okay, no problem, I'll work on the faster-mp branch in the mean time
Maybe I'll merge it first into the low-res-opt branch.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Juni 2021 11:23
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] low-res-opt branch: error message from ShapeSplitter for self-intersecting multipolygon

Hi Gerd

The shape I'm getting in my build has a major problem with a twist
between the 2 parts. I'm having trouble reconciling it with the OSM
map. I've attached the original shape trace.

I agree that some of the messages do need tweaking, but, in this cases
there is a significant problem.

I'll consider the types of messages etc in the new version I'm working
on.

I'm away for a few days and won't be able to do much remotely.

Ticker