logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] special case where splitting fails without a log message

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 2 07:32:28 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

please check https://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/509/special-v5.zip

Can you tell me why ShapeSplitter drops some points, e.g the one near 68.2669706, 15.1206053 without complaining?
None of the points in the original data is visited more than twice and all highprec equal points are unique.

I'm working on an improvement to make the connecting lines shorter, but I don't see yet how I can avoid to have connecting lines like that.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. Juni 2021 17:18
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] special case where splitting fails without a log message

Hi Gerd

I've added code to deal with some variants of the case as described - I
hope this will be enough to cope with more complex shapes generated by
ShapeMerger.

There might be a bit more I can do without having to resort to more
complex geometry analysis if it still gives problems.

I've also restructured it a bit.

Patch attached based on low-res-opt. Trunk version will be the same
(but the patch would be different)

Ticker