logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] special case where splitting fails without a log message

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 31 17:47:00 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

just to make sure: The triangle was connected to the outside. My algo to find holes also failed with that.
I also tried a completely different approach using java path with WindingRule.WIND_EVEN_ODD (this is also used in JOSM).
Works quite well but is much slower.. I'm back to the idea suggested in TODO: Keep the MP as is and do the splitting once for each level. I've implemented part of this but it only makes sense when the splitting is 100% reliable, else it is possible that huge areas are wrong.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 31. Mai 2021 18:12
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] special case where splitting fails without a log message

Hi Gerd

shapeSplitter will have problems (ie get it wrong some of the time)
where there are in/out lines to a hole that share the same cut point as
a line that is the boundary between a shape and hole; could be many
holes (or shapes) and many lines. The simple sort/dedupe I was doing
isn't adequate. I'll come up with something better tomorrow.

Ticker