logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 24 16:21:42 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

sorry, I can't follow. The old code only preserved points on the boundary of the merged shape, but the outer ring can be far from rectangular.
This way some important points on outer ring were not preserved.

There's still a possible problem with large white area in sea which seems to depend on the order in which shapes are merged. Sill trying to understand what goes, but at least I can reproduce it...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Mai 2021 17:11
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

Hi Gerd

Re. last commit: preserve all horizontal and vertical lines in shapes.

Do the cut lines go right across the outer polygon or just in from one
side to the hole? If all the way across, might this change inhibit the
merging to one side of the hole, or, if divided for some other reason
in the other direction, merging across the now unneeded cut line.

Ticker