logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon May 24 15:38:43 BST 2021

Ah

When I scanned this area a while ago I guessed, without looking
carefully or thinking, that mergeShapesFirst took all the shapes from
all the ovm_ imgs and attempted to merge them. I see now that it
doesn't. I don't know what problem it can solve better than the
standard subdivision merge. It might have been there because, a long
time ago, outer zoom subdivs (esp. overview) were far too small when
there was anything (sea/coastline) because the content #points was
calculated at res24.

So, yes, I'd try without.

Ticker