logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon May 24 14:03:04 BST 2021

Hi Gerd

See other thread about DP / removeObsolete ordering. RemoveObsolete
tidies up the remains after DP has done things it shouldn't

For non-road lines re. first and last - I don't think any filters will
cause there not to be a point at the res-coord of the start or end, so
I don't see that there would be a gap for different types.

ShapeSplitter will notice if the dividing line has inconsistent (non
-alternating) direction crossings (probably caused by self
-intersection). It can't deal with this, just issues a warning. It
won't notice self-intersection elsewhere and allocates "outside" before
the first line crossing, "inside" next and alternates. I think it is
possible to come up with shapes where this is the opposite what you'd
expect.

Maybe we need a proper intersecting segments checker. I've investigated
some algos. Not sure what to do with self-intersection when we find it.
Lots are simply output in RGN and devices might have some defined way
of rendering. It's only the cutting and the overview merging that don't
really have a solution.

Ticker