logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 24 13:20:34 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

the removeObsolete filter sometimes ignores the preserved status, and probably it doesn't make sure to keep or copy that status. Maybe that explains why a following DP gives other results? I think in the current order there is no problem with this but I'll double check because I think somewhere mkgmap removes points which should be preserved.

The first/last point of lines is preserved to avoid gaps between connected lines of different types, e.g. when a stream gets a river.

The shape merger produces self intersecting shapes. I think this is not a problem as long as ShapeSplitter can handle this. Can it?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Mai 2021 12:54
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

Hi Gerd

The meaning of the preserved flag + handling of road/line/polygon etc
to different filters seem to be getting a bit mixed up.

I'm currently seeing some problems because of first/last points in line
being preserved (which some filters respect and others don't). I can
understand this for Roads, but not other lines. Is there a reason for
this.

preserveHorizonalAndVertical preserving multiple use points might be
good initially but could hinder removeObsolete spike removal from
removing the cuts to a collapsed hole.

Still haven't got to grips with shapeMergeFilter, but the main tile /
ovm_ generation is producing self-intersecting polygons.

Ticker