logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 24 07:52:45 BST 2021

Hi Ticker / all,

it seems I've looked at the wrong test files. I've tested with a few more input files and now I see large white triangles with the branch version 4736 while trunk 4735 doesn't show them.
Looks like a problem with preserving points or maybe special cases with ShapeSplitter...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Samstag, 22. Mai 2021 13:30
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

Hi Gerd

I've been doing experiments on tiles with much more sea and islands
(tests before only had a bit of sea and lots of city).

With my re-ordering I get a very slightly smaller main tile (4096 bytes
in 5614K) and larger osmmap.img (34304 vs. 25088)

In both cases I'm getting quite a few shapeSplitter messages where it
finds inconsistencies in the line directions across the split-line;
normally due to self-intersection. These are happening in both the main
tile generation and the overview combining.

Once shapeSplitter has generated this type of warning it is
indeterminate which is shape and which is hole, so I'd expect gaps in
the rendering.

I think trunk had eradicated split/self-intersection problems in the
tile processing, including the ovm_ file generation.

I'm not sure about the overview combiner as, in my standard map-build,
I don't merge shapes.

Ticker