logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 21 17:41:14 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

I tried this patch with r4734 and I see no improvements. Maps are larger, more white rectangles in sea.

Maybe my recent changes don't work well with yours? Do you have an example where it improves something with r4734?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. Mai 2021 18:10
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Problems with sea in overview map

Hi Gerd

I'd been doing some investigation of filters ordering (based on trunk).
I'd also done the pre-filtering of lines & shapes by minRes.

My conclusions are:

Shapes:
It is better to run SizeFilter after RemoveObsoleteFilter.
It is more efficient to run DP filter after both of these.

points.
It is more efficient to run DP after RemoveObsoleteFilter.

I've adapted my changes into a patch for the low-res-opt branch, along
with removal of some resolution tests that are now redundant.

For the contourFilters, I've left DP as the first filter but moved
LineSplitter as for the normalFilters

Ticker