logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 4179

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 17 17:43:07 BST 2021

Hi Felix,

no idea what you mean with "underlying roads/lines are merged for level 1 and higher".  The RoadMerger merges roads which have the same attributes. Min- and max-resolution are also attributes which must match.
The LineMerger still doesn't merge roads.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 17. Mai 2021 18:33
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] 4179

I think Gerd said that now those underlying roads/lines are merged for level 1 and higher. He said to merge them until someone complains. Merging as in reversing their direction so longer segments can be merged. All roads that can be merged without changing direction are merged anyhow.
Allow-reverse-merge does not reverse lines that have an direction tag set, or are listed in the option to exclude them (which sets direction for them).

Without allow reverse merge no roads are reversed at all. With it any road that has no direction tag or oneway tag set will be reversed if it can improve the merge length.

On Tue, 18 May 2021 at 00:27, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl<mailto:popej at poczta.onet.pl>> wrote:
Hi Felix!

 > If the main road is merged but the direction dependant road not - then
 > at lower resolutions the DP filter will create a mess

But direction dependent road are merged, aren't they?

 > And because I have lots of overview - E.g. oneway arrows, oneway
 > streets are loads, there is quite a difference in map size regarding
 > oneway roads being merged from resolution 23 onwards or not.

As I understand, dropping has-direction attribute will allow to merge
roads with reversing (when option allow-reverse-merge is active). This
means that you can get arrows in wrong direction. Is this acceptable?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej