logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 4179

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 17 06:42:58 BST 2021

Hi Felix,

"this is only needed ..."  what exactly refers "this" to?

oneway=-1 requires a reversing of roads because the IMG format doesn't allow to store the information that it is a reversed oneway.

The current code checks the oneway tag first. It does this since r2944, see https://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=2944
It's probably not needed for lines without a direction and it might safe a few cpu cycles to avoid that reversing. Anyhow, with --allow-reverse-merge the order of points in lines without direction might be reversed again.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 17. Mai 2021 04:52
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] 4179

Hi Gerd

oneway tag no longer influences the direction flag of non-routable lines. Note that oneway=-1 still means line is reversed and oneway=yes is set.

I think this is only needed if the linetype is listed under --line-types-with-direction
If not listed here nor routable oneway=-1 is as irrelevant as oneway=yes

I do not understand why we would have different handling of onway=yes and oneway=-1
Reversing the road should not be needed because it does not matter for the layout, nor for the routing.