logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4715: rework of options for reverse merge

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat May 15 11:13:47 BST 2021

Hi Andrzej,

reg. " I think that lines with and without direction flag could be merged, but this probably would be a rather rare case if not error in style."
I agree. I can try to add a log message for this case.

what do you mean with  "I think has-direction value shouldn't influence routing."?
If you talk about results of mkgmap: It can influence routing when roads have wrong flags and thus are not merged.

Or do you mean Garmin software (esp. the routing algo) doesn't care if the direction flag in RGN is set or not when it comes to routing?
I think anything else would be surprising, but I also see no reason to set the direction flag in RGN to false when the oneway flag in NOD is true (or vice versa)

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Samstag, 15. Mai 2021 11:55
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4715: rework of options for reverse merge

Hi Gerd,

I understand, that mkgmap:has-direction=no takes priority over list and
that oneway is independent of has-direction.

 > Next RoadMerger merges roads. It will not reverse roads with oneway
 > flag true or direction flag true and it will not merge roads which
 > have different oneway or direction flags. If it does that

Looks OK. I think that lines with and without direction flag could be
merged, but this probably would be a rather rare case if not error in style.

 > Each line and road is converted to a MapLine or MapRoad object. Both
 > have a dir-flag, MapRoad also has a pointer to further data for NOD
 > which also contains the oneway flag. The dir-flag is set if the
 > ConvertedWay says it is a oneway or has direction (or both).

I guess, that oneway flag in NOD is only set because of oneway
description in data. I think has-direction value shouldn't influence
routing.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej