logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4703: improve RoadMerger (based on merge-roads-reversed-v6.patch)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 12 15:37:39 BST 2021

Hi Felix,

I don't understand why you think that the direction is only important at level 0. Doesn't that depend on the TYP file and the style?
Still, you are probably right that mkgmap could ignore the direction if that doesn't produce visible differences. We just have to find out if there is a fixed limit or if we need more options or special tags.
What I try to avoid is the situation that the road is merged and therefore possibly reduced to a straight line while overlay lines are not merged and possibly zig-zagging along the road.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2021 15:08
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4703: improve RoadMerger (based on    merge-roads-reversed-v6.patch)

Actually besides rivers all lines can be reversed from level1 onwards - Is that possible or can ways not be reversed if the direction may not be changed in level 0?

Also it would be good if adding {add mkgmap:has-direction=true}
is only relevant for future lines if continue with_actions is used, but not if continue is used. E.g. if a road has cycleway = lane:left I display it only at resolution 24, however the road itself can be reversed. Just not the cycleway line that is a second line to the left side of the road. The road also is later in my style vs the cycleway. That way maybe some additional lines can be reversed.

In general for Austria or Germany this gives pretty nice improvements in map size. For less developed countries the differences are smaller...