logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MDR building out-of-memory

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue May 11 15:40:56 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

I've committed the patch as is. I've not seen big changes in performance, but I've used a different (already existing) set of files which was created with my own style. For me, Mdr11.preWriteImpl() is the most problematic part reg. OOM errors.

Maybe look at the code which uses LargeListSorter.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Mai 2021 13:27
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] MDR building out-of-memory

Hi Gerd

Here is updated version of patch.

Changes from last:

Uses your cache code for region and country (in 2 places). For British
Isles, there are 190 regions and 7 countries, so I don't think the
extra memory will be a problem and there should be some performance
benefit.

Delays allocating cities until it can use sortKeys.size() for initial
allocation. For above map this is 0.07% too big, so I don't think
trimToSize() is worthwhile.

Shares the Sort object between the 4 methods.

Ticker