logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Duplicate roads added by default style

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Mon May 10 16:15:53 BST 2021

Hi Gerd,

I misunderstood the problem you were discussing - I was indeed referring to
overlapping ways from different OSM ways. The multiple ways from the same
OSM way is not a problem for me in the style I use (I think - I haven't
enabled any logging of this so perhaps might not have noticed).

Overlapping ways from different OSM ways is however a problem I have. Mainly
because I include routing around car parks and some car parks have part of
their outline coincident with a road.

Cheers,
Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 10 May 2021 16:07
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Duplicate roads added by default style

Hi Mike,

Please give an example, I don't understand what you mean. Do you talk about
the situation that two OSM ways are overlapping (sharing segments)? That
would be a completely different problem and requires a different check which
maybe also looks at the layer=* tag.

The issue here is that the style adds multiple identical routable lines for
the same OSM way. Those duplicates would just blows up the road network and
therefore can be safely ignored.

The attached patch is like v5 but contains the additional check in
StyledConverter.