logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch: improve RoadMerger: allow to merge roads with reversed points

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 5 15:53:30 BST 2021

Hi Felix,

the patch contained two bugs:
- Roads with different direction are not merged when they are connected at the beginning.
- angle calculation was wrong, maybe that rejected possible merges or did the worse ones.

When I talk about overlays I mean those lines which are created with the continue statement or with overlays rules.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2021 16:46
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] patch: improve RoadMerger: allow to merge roads with reversed points

If the direction of a line is changed, will all lines created via continue also be changed? If yes then this decreases the lines a lot where I would need the special tag. If not it will get complicated...
Well and the patch itself so far only saved about 0.3% of total map size. Better than nothing for no visual impact of course.