logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new branch low-res-opt to test improvements for filters

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed May 5 09:17:39 BST 2021

Hi Karl,
But even then you will never use the overview map.

What resolution are you actually using on your device if routing on a
highway? I guess 19 or 20...
The thing is simply with high DP filter value that you can see the highway
pretty straight, but as the route itself is not simplifed that much in
Basecamp. The route will not be 1:1 visually of the map. But still very
easy to see the the underlying highway. if you plan a route from Berlin to
Mardrid, then zoom out and see the whole route - then it's not so beautiful
anymore. But can any mkgmap created map actually route from Berlin to
Madrid without via points? It's a long time that I looked at mgkmap created
maps for car routing and some years ago this was not possible.