logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] found multiple points with equal coord.....

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue May 4 09:16:56 BST 2021

Hi Ticker,

thanks for the info. I didn't see such messages in GpsMapEdit before, only for turn-restrictions with multiple via nodes.
The only special case here is that the barrier node "highPrecEquals" the last node.

A general question would be if mkgmap should detect that a restriction shoud better be ignored when it only restricts access to the last 5 meters or so.
I didn't try it but I guess it could lead to routing problems if your start is at the end of the road.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Mai 2021 10:06
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] found multiple points with equal coord.....

Hi Gerd & others

This is a quite common physical set-up; a highway with another, more
minor, highway/track/path leading off it with a "barrier" at the
junction, inhibiting access to the minor highway.

Often the only clear access restrictions visible on-the-ground are on
the barrier, so these are what get represented in OSM. A minimal
distance between the barrier and the major highway is needed to map
this on OSM.

mkgmap should handle this situation correctly. I haven't tried to
understand why it didn't before, but if the patch fixes it then it
should be applied.

I've seen other examples of GPSMapEdit flagging errors like this:

WARNING: Unexpected format of input data. Unexpected NodeID=936272 in
turn restriction at (51.013083,-1.389384). The restriction will be
ignored

where there are very short section between the restriction and the
junction node and I think it is just a GPSMapEdit problem.

Ticker