logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] found multiple points with equal coord.....

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 2 09:46:09 BST 2021

Hi all,

the message
"Found multiple points with equal coords as CoordPOI at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=56.835675&mlon=37.404949&zoom=17"
is produced because the nodes
https://www.osm.org/node/2924385337
https://www.osm.org/node/2924351922
are so close together that mkgmap could not distinguish the position. No idea why someone maps a lift-gate less that close to the end of the road, but of course mkgmap should not fail with this.

The problem doesn't show up with the default style unless I add this line in points rules:
barrier=*{ addaccess no;}
after
barrier=* & access=* {addaccess '${access|subst:private=>no}'}
Without this change the default style doesn't create a route restriction for the barrier node https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2924385337

I've created a patch to fix this problem for good by adding  a hashmap but GpsMapEdit doesn't like the result:
Unexpected format of input data. Unexpected NodeID=136381 in turn restriction at (56.835666 37.404950). The restriction will be ignored.

The old code didn't add the restriction, the new code does.
Now I am unsure if the "corrected" code causes more trouble than the old. Maybe I should somehow detect the special case that a barrier
is very close to an end of a way which is not connected to other ways? If I change the input data so that the end is a bit more away GpsMapEdit doesn't complain. Is it just a problem in GpsMapEdit?