logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request - set --reduce-point-density= for each resolution

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Apr 30 15:44:25 BST 2021

I hardcoded a patch - as I was not sure someone is interested in it. This
is doing the job - but I do feel others could profit as well. And yes I now
understood how I could change this for a map starting at resolution 23 as
well. I'm still not sure why do we not run the DP filter on resolution 24?
I would image a very small value would give some improvement without
visually changing anything.

I haven't really looked at polygons yet - but my patch looks pretty good to
me if you use a value of 1.3. So just as recommendation for default values.
I feel the current default of 2.6 was exactly that low - because at
resolution 23 a high value is really bad, while at lower resolutions there
is a need for simplification. it's a bad compromise.