logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] check roundabouts

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Mon Apr 12 17:27:42 BST 2021

Hi Gerd,

I have a largely completed change that extends the --check-roundabouts
option to become
--check-roundabouts=[all|loop|direction[:fix]|junctions|flares] and had made
fixing reversed roundabouts an optional part of the direction option

loop                  - check that roundabouts are formed from a single loop
with no forks or gaps
direction[:fix] - check and optionally fix the direction of travel around
the roundabout
junctions          - check that no more than one connecting highway joins at
each node
flares                - check that roundabout flare roads are one-way, are
in the right direction, and don't extend beyond the flare

However, separating the options completely allows for correction without
displaying any message if desired, so I will look at that and I will change
the reporting option name to --report-roundabout-issues as suggested, which
brings it into line with the other diagnostic options.

Also included in the change is code to more accurately try to identify
roundabout flares, as the existing code produces more false results than
wanted ones. It replaces --max-flare-length-ratio=NUM with
--roundabout-flare-rules-config=filename where the config file can contain a
set of rules for identifying flares.

Cheers,
Mike